Thursday 25 September 2014

Analysis of Market Research

Are the advertisements a certain style?
When researching various adverts I noticed that most of the adverts were very dramatic. This could be mostly due to the fact that the adverts were based on very serious subjects, for example blood donations and anti bullying campaigns. 

Do they use certain techniques?
I also found that the majority of adverts used an emotional response technique. The emotional response used was fear, this was used in drink driving adverts as well as drug driving.  I think the more serious adverts use an emotional response technique, in order to get a response from their audience.

How do they target their audiences?
They target their audience through the use of emotional responses, as well as, making their adverts dramatic, so that it is hard to pull away from the screen. They leave the audience feeling shocked by what they've seen, wanting to make a difference and change their lifestyle.

What conclusions can I draw from it?
I can conclude that these similar adverts all used the same techniques and styles in order to target their audience. They have a sense of fear surrounding their advert, which really captures the audiences' attention. Therefore, I can conclude that some emotion should be shown in the advert to appeal to more viewers.

What should I be doing in my own advertisement?
In my own advertisement I will use the techniques that I feel are most appropriate to the type of advertisement. In this case I will use emotional responses as well as using a dramatic technique to target my audience. I will also look into my research to determine the most appropriate channel, at the most appropriate time.

Evaluate how reliable the research is?
I feel that my research is very reliable, as this research was through secondary resources that were very trusted. I also collected my result from various resources, this way I can provide myself with a rough evaluation of the true data. Therefore, overall I feel my research was reliable.

Where the results global or just uk? will this influence me results?
Some of my results were global however some were from the UK. This will influence my results as there are other variables that come into place globally. For example if some results were from America, this would affect my results as there is a greater population in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment