Monday 6 January 2014

Evaluation of Pulse Logo

What genre do you think the name represented? Why?
I think that the name pulse relates to the music genre of R'n'B as R'n'B has a lot of rhythms and beats to it which in a way creates a pulse for the music and relates back to the name. This is good for advertising purposes as they will be able to include the name of the radio station into a beat to mix it all together so it makes the radio station sound very organised and well thought out, widening their audiences and listeners to many people who like a good well organised and well thought out, looked after radio station.

Who do you think the audience is? Why?
I think the audience for this radio station would be teenagers and older people from ages 15 and up as the genre the music station would play relates to the younger generation as R'n'B has quite fast beats and is very lively and energetic which relates to the younger generation of being lively wanting to live things to the full and to party meaning they will listen to this genre of music a lot more so if this radio station is playing this genre of music a lot then the younger generation would tune in a lot more and be regular listeners.

How did you aim to appeal to that audience?
I aimed to appeal this logo to younger people by using a specific style on this logo, i made it quite small and simplistic but I included some nice aesthetic graphics for listeners to look at so it appeals to their sense as i have used brighter colours like hot pink and purples. I also used quite a curvy font and a heart to aim it a little more towards females but younger females and generally younger people.

Who do you think would be the stations competitors? Why?
I believe that the stations competitors would be stations like Choice FM as they tend to play a lot of R'n'B and have a very large audience in the UK as well as a radio station called Defjay as they play only R'n'B and have a large audience. They would be big competitors to this radio station as they would have more listeners already as well as more time they could cover with various DJ's and shows that could be put on over the radio.

What 'look' did you want to create? Why?
The look for pulse I wanted to make was a current and trendy looking logo aimed towards the younger generation. I made it colourful and soft as it is aimed towards all of those of the younger generation so people wont feel that the radio station is dark and for a select few darker genres of music I wanted it to be warm and welcoming to all of the younger generation. I did this by using bright colours like pink and purple with a good looking design that relates to its name with the words being joined to a heart beat monitor type of shape as this relates top the pulse of the human body or even that of the music that is played on the radio station.


How did you create that look?
I first started by creating the word 'pulse' I did this through selecting the appropriate font from 'da font'. I wanted to make this look bolder and have an edge to it, so I decided to duplicate the word and place one in front of the other, giving it a shadow making the word stand out more.

I then wanted to create pulse shapes, I did this through using the pen tool on a selected image chosen from the internet as a base shape. I then edited this shape by using the free transform tool so that I could make one shape smaller than the other and so they would fit intricately together.

What do you think was the most successful part of your logo?
I believe that the most successful part of my logo was the joining of the word pulse to the pulse lines of a heart beat monitor as it took a lot of tools and different methods to join the words to the graphic and make them seem joined in a natural way instead of it seeming to be forced to be joined, I believe that the logo looks very natural and well thought out.

Did your audience think that it suited the genre?
Yes because when i asked my audience for the feedback on my logo they knew straight away that it was to do with some sort of R'n'B as the pulse lines gives the logo a vibe and makes the radio station seems like it has a beat which relates to the music of the genre of R'n'B. The feedback I recieved was very positive about how it related and suited the genre well.

What skill have you developed most when creating this logo?
I think that the skill i have developed most was the use of layering different images to provide different effects like creating a shadow or making the words seem thicker or have a bit more density as well as the skill of being able to stitch together two or more images to help with the layering of the images. 

What could you do to make your work even better? Why?
I believe that I could improve the logo by adding in a background to the logo or maybe some surrounding background objects to bring a sense of depth to the logo to show that the company cares about its appearance and that they care about what people think about it so then they will know that the radio station cares about what music they play to please their audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment